Shared services have the potential to bring significant value to the firm. The model:
- Can enhance firms’ architectural agility by facilitating their transformation toward new organizational forms such as “shared service organization” and “service-oriented enterprise”.
- May increase service quality by forming a customer-oriented mindset within the service organization and professionalizing service delivery.
- Can lower firms’ operating costs by reducing the number of service employees and gain efficiency.
- May improve organizational learning and innovation by concentrating technical and managerial expertise and facilitating knowledge sharing.
- May also bring political advantages such as enhancing credibility and solving internal conflicts.
- In a global economic downturn like todays, the need to leverage the benefits of shared services becomes increasingly urgent.
Meanwhile, implementing shared services incurs a number of risks
- Over-standardization of systems and processes
- Dampened employee morale
- Lack of operational flexibility
- Unbalanced power concentration
- Ineffective communication
- Unexpected implementation cost escalation
- Increased system complexity
- Unclear service accountability
- Long project timelines
Zenviron ME helps you
- Overcome all the risks
- Achieve greater efficiency and growth
Our Shared Services Portfolio
- IT Management